- What is Stacks Mobile?
- We are a short-term group savings app aimed at making saving money easier by having our users create goals, set up automatic weekly payments, and invite friends to save with you.
- How does the app work?
- First, you start by creating a Stack, or a goal that you’re saving for (vacation, holiday, etc.). Next, you go about personalizing your Stack by giving it a name, description, start/end date, and amount needed for the goal. Then, we will automatically calculate how much you need to save each week using your funds needed and start/end date!
- Where does the money come from?
- When you sign up, you link your bank account to the app. You can choose from what account you want the money to be withdrawn from. The money is then deposited into your secure Stacks Mobile account.
- How do I know it’s safe?
- We have implemented bank level security to keep your money safe!
- What do you mean by group saving?
- We understand that not all Stacks will be your goal alone. For example, you could be saving for a group trip, present, or event that involves multiple people. On the other hand, a relative may want to help you reach your savings goal and donate to your Stack. To make this easier on everyone, we’ve created an invite friends feature that allows more than one person to contribute to a Stack! They can make a one time or weekly donations. Either way, when it comes to saving, the more the merrier!
- Can I change my amount needed for a Stack once it’s started?
- Yes! Simply go into the Stack and change the amount. We will recalculate the weekly contributions needed to make your goal.
- How can I contribute to someone’s Stack?
- First, the creator can invite you to the Stack. From there, you just accept the invitation and designate your preferred method and amount you’re wanting to contribute. The second method involves you manually going into the Stack, clicking on the three dots in the top right corner, and hitting the contribute button.
- Once a Stack reaches its end date, what happens?
- The creator of the Stack will receive a notification that the goal has ended and will promptly ask if you want to continue it or withdraw the money. If it’s a group Stack, each member will receive a notification asking if the Stack’s creator has your permission to withdraw the funds. The money will then be transferred back in to the bank account of the creator.
Email email@example.com with any additional questions.